Our Hotel Location in Galway City Centre
We are in a fantastic central location in Galway city centre, on Prospect hill which is close to Eyre Square, within easy reach of all attractions, shops, pubs, clubs, restaurants, Galway train and bus station and other amenities. Our position in the city centre is pinpointed on the map below.
To get to the Western Hotel we recommend you use the following directions. Coming from Dublin, Cork, Limerick or Shannon follow the road signs for Galway. As you approach Galway follow the Galway city east towards Eyre Square. The Western hotel is located 100 yards before you reach Eyre square on your right hand side.
- At the Joyce roundabout, the last before you reach the Western Hotel take the road for Eyre Square.
- Follow this road turning left on to bother ui Eithir change into right hand lane.
- At the bottom of this hill there is a set of traffic lights. Take the right turn.
- Proceed to the corner of Eyre Square taking a right again at Garveys hotel
- Continue to the top of Eyre Square staying in the right lane, again take a right at Richardson’s bar.
- You will see the Western Hotel at this point a few hundred meters away on the left hand side. Change to the left hand lane.
- To access the car park, take the first turn left after passing the hotel and the first turn left and you will arrive at the car park.
Use the AA Roadwatch website for full directions to Galway City.
By train or bus:
View Irish Rail website for update timetable of trains to and from Galway
Galway’s train and bus stations are located in the city centre adjacent to each other 5 minutes walk from the Western Hotel.
- On existing the station take a left heading towards Eyre Square
- Walk to the right of the square passing O’Connell’s bar
- At the corner of Richardson’s pub take a right onto Prospect Hill
- The Western Hotel is clearly visible from here on your left hand side
View Aer Arann website to book your tickets to and from Galway Airport.
Galway Airport website has all the latest arrival and departure times.
Galway Airport is located at Carnmore, just 8km north of the city centre. Flights are available to Galway from the following locations:
Belfast, Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, Leeds, London, Lorient, Manchester, Newcastle and Southhampton